Known Issues with mapometer.com
On this page we will attempt to list all the known issues with the site
Plotting routes in iOS5 on an iPad or iPhone
Something has gone badly wrong and are hoping the problem will be resolved with a future upgrade as it worked fine in iOS4. We are also working to see if there is a solution.
Printing Maps in Chrome
In order to print maps in Google Chrome you have to allow pop-ups. If you try to print a route, an icon (a window with a red cross over it) appears in the right of the address bar (top right of the screen). If you click on this, you get the option to “Always allow pop-ups from mapometer.com“. Select this and the print screen should work from then on.
Map not appearing
We have had a few people report maps not appearing particularly in Internet Explorer. Sometimes this can be fixed by empty the cache. A shortcut for this is to hold down the Control button and press F5.
Importing / Exporting GPX files
We have had a few users who have reported errors importing and exporting GPX files (5th January 2010). We are trying to get to the bottom of this. If you have an error can you email the URL you are trying to export or the file you are trying to import to email@example.com. Update (6th January 2010) This has now been fixed.
We currently have an error when you try and set or change your default location. We are working on fixing it (30th Deember 2009). Update – 5th January 2010. This has been fixed.
We’ve had a few people mention that they have had problems plotting longer routes of 100 miles plus. We’ve made a few changes (yesterday 26th November 2009) which should have improved things but if you still have problems we would recommending turning off the Auto Follow Roads feature when you can as this uses up a lot more memory or splitting routes into smaller sections. Turning off the distance markers may also help.
Ensure your mouse pointer theme is set to “none”. Otherwise the site won’t work correctly
Internet Explorer 8
When using this browser the markers on the map don’t appear where they should. Apparently this is a issue for any Google Maps based site. Hopefully Microsoft will sort this out but in the meantime please use IE7 or Firefox. 10th May 2009 – Update. We have put a temporary fix on the map pages but printed maps still appear incorrectly. This will be changed soon.13th May 2009 – Update. This has been fixed as well.
Please note that post codes can be entered in the location box but this will only return approximate results due to Royal Mail exercising their right to decline third parties use of full post code data.
We’ve had a few reports of the site loading slowly on Safari. If this happens we recommend you use Firefox instead.