Saturday 18th May 2019
Boulder Junction Community Center: 5392 Park Street, Boulder Junction, United States
Paddle – Bike – Run! Come join the fun in our 5th year!
Your 2019 Triathlon Adventure begins with:
The 5th annual White Deer Triathlon (WDT) on Saturday, May 18, 2019, beginning at 9am. The White Deer Triathlon’s three legs include:
Register as an Individual, in a 2 person team or in a 3-person Relay Team!
To celebrate our 5th year we have added back the 3 paddling divisions to the event award categories! All entrants will be competing in the based on individuals' age category, 2-person teams or 3-person relay teams in the watercraft of your choice. (Kayaks, canoes and SUPs are the types of acceptable watercraft.) Awards will be also be based by paddle division also. Please refer to the White Deer Triathlon online rules and regulations for further details.
Your entry includes:
The White Deer Triathlon is a unique triathlon with a paddle component instead of a swim. It is our 5th year and we are celebrating this wonderful event!
Proceeds from this event will help to support the Boulder Junction Chamber of Commerce. The Boulder Junction Lions Club and Boulder Junction American Legion Post #451 are volunteer organizations that will assist with hosting the award lunch and beverages.
Plan to make it a fun weekend with the following events planned:
· Friday, May 17, 2019 – Packet Pick-up/Registration, 5pm-8:30 pm.
o Tavern Tour begins on Friday and continues on Saturday evening to get your card stamped for possibly winning a free entry in 2020!
· Saturday, May 18, 2019 – WDT triathlon event starts at 9am.
o Celebration party, cookout lunch and music by DJ Ty from 11am until the completion of awards ceremony.
o Awards at 1:30pm or after the last finisher, whichever time is sooner.
o Saturday Evening Tavern Tour at local taverns continues.
· Sunday, May 19, 2019 – Bike any of the over 50 miles of paved bike trails, fish the beautiful lakes, hike area trails, dine at local restaurants and shop the unique Boulder Junction stores – all day at your own pace. Check our site for possible outings.
· Course info, Arrival info, Parking info, Rules and other information may be found on whitedeertriathlon.com.
· Equipment: Please remember to bring:
o Bike helmet, PFD, running shoes, sunscreen, towel, socks, sunglasses
o Filled water bottle
o A smile and great attitude!
· LIMITED Rentals Available At:
o Camp Manito-wish YMCA for 17’ Grumman Canoes: 715-385-2312
o Chequamegon Adventure Company for a Variety of Canoes, Kayaks, Bikes and SUPs: 715-356-1618
o Coontail for Kayaks, Bikes and SUPs: 715-385-0250
o Schauss Woodworks for Canoes: 715-385-2434
o Make your reservation early! Boulder Junction offers a variety of accommodations, including motels, resorts, private homes and campgrounds. Contact us at 1-800-GO-MUSKY if you have any questions regarding places to stay.
· Visit whitedeertriathlon.com for complete event information including schedule of race day events, course maps, parking information and area information.
Boulder Junction Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 286, Boulder Junction