Saturday 30th September 2017
Southeast Outdoor Adventure Center: 127 Dibble Street, Bowman, United States
Battle of the Badges | Calling all First Responders: Retired, Active, or Volunteer!
Want to win $500 for your team and $500 for your station? Well - come prove your badge at Battle of the Badges.
SOAC will host a 2 -mile obstacle course race including 20+ obstacles. It might sound short, but it’ll be tough as nails and muddy as hell! Grab your team of 3 and don’t miss this fun opportunity to have some fun, earn your badge, and win some money!
Stick around afterwards for live music, food trucks, lawn games, and 1 Free Complimentary Beer!
Battle of the Badges Schedule
Monday, September 9th @10am: Early bird registration ends $195/team to $225/team
Monday, September 25th @10am: Regular registration ends $225/team to $250/team
Friday, September 29th @10am: Registration Closes
Friday, September 29th:Packet Pickup from 5pm-8pm @ SOAC
Saturday, September 30th: Packet Pick Up & Team Registration for untimed event and no guaranteed t-shirt- cost is $275
- Gates open at 7am
- Packet Pick Up/ Un-Timed Registration opens at 7:15am- closes
- Wave 1 Mud Run Race begins at 9am
* Waves TBD.
- All participants must follow course officials’ instructions
- You must be 12 years or older at race day
- It is a participant’s duty to inform SOAC Staff if they have been injured or hurt during the race
- All photos taken by media or SOAC Staff can be used to market or promote other races
- It is up to the participant to complete each obstacle, if the participant does not feel they can complete the race or obstacle it is there responsibility to leave or avoid the obstacle all together.
- All teams/participants understand that if they do not complete each obstacle in the race they will not be able to receive any awards
- All teams/participants understand there are no refunds or transfers
- All teams/participants understand that this is not a normal road race, but rather and extreme foot race including multiple obstacles along the way with tough terrain, and fully understand the risks involved
What Should I Bring
- Change of Clothes
- Photo ID for Packet Pickup
- Appropriate footwear is highly recommended! Note: you will get dirty!
- Spending money for extra beverages, food, entertainment, or SOAC gear!
- A great attitude!
What to Leave At Home
- No outside alcoholic beverages will be allowed
- No genuine weapons and/or firearms will be allowed
- No glass containers will be allowed
When to Arrive On Race Day
We recommend that you arrive at least one hour before the race begins. Take in account that you will have to park, pick up your packet (if you have not already done so), attach your shoe tag, and make your way to the start line. Please note that there is a $5 entrance fee for this event.
Come out and see your family and friends as they conquer the unknown terrain! Spectators can watch for no charge. Come out and eat great food, have a cold beverage and watch teams have the best time of their life!
- Participants assume all risk & medical expenses if needed during or after the race
- All participants will brief themselves as to where the medical tent is located when they arrive for the race
What If It Rains
Rain or Shine this race will happen.
Registrations are non-refundable. We do offer registrations to be transferred. The cut off time for your spot to be transferred is by Thursday, August 3rd @10am.
Is There a Dress Code or Can I Dress Crazy
You do not need to wear your uniform for this event. We suggest wearing apparel that is easy to move in and does not restrict your mobility.
What is the Length of the Course
Our course is a short distance but packed closely with obstacles. You’ll end up running close to 2 miles and endure over 20+ obstacles! There will be penalties throughout.
Can I Run with a Group
Yes! This race requires teams with 3 participants. Have one person register your team name, then the rest of the team can register themselves under that team name.
How is the Timing Done for the Race
You will pick up your timing shoe tag that attaches to your shoe. We will provide you with the zip-ties for attachment.
Is There a Place to Rinse Off
Yes. We provide a full wash down station where you can rinse off all that incredible mud! We do not offer full showers.
Is There a Bag Drop
Yes. We will offer a bag check conveniently located near the SOAC Registration Hub. SOAC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. If this poses an issue, you may leave your items in your car for after the race.
What is the Packet Pick-Up
Packet Pick-Up is where you will “check-in” for the race. Here you will receive your shoe tag, SOAC Battle of the Badges t-shirt. Please bring your photo ID. If you fail to provide a valid ID and our wavier (found online) you will forfeit your ability to race and no refund will be given. Packet Pick –Up times will be Friday evening and Saturday morning.
What if I Can’t Make it to Packet Pick-Up?
You may have a friend pick up the participant’s packet
You will need the following two items in order to pick up the items:
- Copy of your friends photo ID
- Signed letter from your friend stating that you are allowed to pick up their packet
*Race packets and materials must be picked up on-site. We cannot ship packets to participants.
Can I Bring My Dog or Pet?
We do welcome furry friends, however, we ask that they remain on a leash at ALL TIMES. Please be considerate of those around you and your environment. You are responsible to pick up after your pet and by no means can an animal be left alone for any reason.
921 Ralph Nesbit, Awendaw
Phone: (803) 829-6529