Colour5k is one of the craziest fun runs you will ever experience and great to do with friends, family or colleagues. The aim is to have a good time: You can run, walk or stroll at your pace - speed is not a priority, colour is…..
Every kilometre there is a colour zone that runners pass through. Here, willing helpers known as the Colour Bandits shower you and your white t-shirt with our special 100% safe colour powder, with each colour zone having a specific colour. As you go, the colours build, until by the end of the course you have become a masterpiece.
Event details and schedule
Dorking Colour 5K Information Document
- All runners must wear the supplied Colour5k white T-Shirt
- Only runners, Colour Bandits and Race officials may enter The Colour Zones
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult 18+
- Location – Pippbrook Meadows, Milton Court Lane, Westcott Rd. RH4 3EQ
- Car Park will be clearly marked please follow marshal instructions
- Date: Sunday 21st May 2017
- Run Start Time: 12:00pm Kids 1km Fun Run
12:15pm 5km Fun Run
- Registration Tent opens at 10:00am
- Runners- Please go to registration to collect your COLOUR5K T-Shirt.
- Colour Bandits –Please go to registration to collect your COLOUR5K T-Shirt and receive briefing.
- 10:00 am Registration Opens
- 11:30am Colour Bandit Briefing
- 11:40 Children’s Race Briefing
- 11:40 Children’s Colour Bandits to Positions
- 11:45 Children’s Warm Up –Natural Fitness Company, Dorking
- 12:00am Colour Bandits in Position
- 12:00 Children’s Run Starts
- 12: 10km Race Briefing
- 12:00 5km Warm Up – Mark Richards, Natural Fitness Company, Dorking
- 12:15 5km Run Starts
- 1:20 & 1:40pm Colour Extravaganzas at the finish line
- 2:15pm Time to go home
- Please note a free cool down Pilate session will be provided for those wanting to stretch those muscles out after the race by Wendy from The Pilates Room, Dorking
- The Kids fun run is a 1K Loop
- 5Km course
- Pass through 5 Colour Zones
- Collect 5 Colours
- There are 5 colour zones which represent each KM you run. Each zone has Colour Bandits ready to cover you in colour. If you wish to avoid the colour stay to the centre of the zone.
- o 1KM – RED ZONE 1
- o 2KM – ORANGE ZONE 2
- o 3KM – GREEN ZONE 3
- o 4KM – BLUE ZONE 4
- o 5KM – PURPLE ZONE 5 – This is also the finish line
- o Big colour extravaganza at the end of the race
- o You will be given a free cup of Colour at the finish line and the Event Announcer will count you down 3, 2, 1. Creating a massive plume of COLOUR!
- YOUR FREE WHITE COLOUR5K T-SHIRT (Which you collect on race day)
- You can wear sunglasses if you want to protect your eyes, but not essential.
- Arrive in your normal running kit. There are NO changing facilities.
- Bring a clean t-shirt and jumper.
What to wear
Photos of you and your friends will be available to view on facebook/colour5k.com
At the Event
- There will be a water station provided by Dorking Sports Centre on the course and one at the finish line
- Full race briefing for all runners at 12:00pm
- There will be a St Johns medical team onsite
- There will be an assortment of hot and cold refreshments
- Fun for all the family - Face painting, biscuit decorating, tombola & bouncy castle will also be provided by the Rainbow Trust (weather dependant) so please bring all your change to support this fantastic local charity.
Refreshments & Activities
If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to see your true colours!