Saturday 7th July 2018
Mt Bachelor: 13000 Century Drive, Bend, United States
GraviCross presented by 10 Barrel Brewing Co. – a mountain biking event...Ride Bikes. Drink Beer.
Take downhill mountain biking and cyclo-cross, smash them together into one event, and you have the 2nd Annual ‘GraviCross’ presented by 10 Barrel Brewing Co. at Mt. Bachelor. The short course inspired by gravity, bike park, and cyclo-cross will push riders to their limits for $15k in cash and prizes.
GraviCross will take place on a specially designed event course located within the West Village base area between the Sunshine Accelerator and Pine Marten lifts. The lap-able course will require riders to navigate over uphill climbs, downhill sections, bike park features, drops, berms, rock gardens, and other surprising obstacles (remember the stage transition and lodge deck climb/drop from last year?).
There will be multiple divisions with different time allotments – most laps in the given time slot wins.
Prizes will also be awarded to Men & Women competitors with the best style, best Whip, and fastest time through specific course sections!
Divisions & Costs:
Competitors will not be required to have a bike park ticket to participate in GraviCross.
Discounted bike park tickets ($20) will be available to competitors and may be purchased day of event for use that day. Limit 1 per competitor.
Registration for the event will be capped at 200 total competitors.
Must be 18 years of age or older as of 7/7/18 to register.
· Men’s Cat 1 – Advanced/Elite - $25 registration fee
· Men’s Cat 2 – Intermediate - $15 registration fee
· Men’s Cat 3 – Beginner - $15 registration fee
· Women’s Cat 1 – Advanced/Elite - $25 registration fee
· Women’s Cat 2 – Intermediate - $15 registration fee
· Women’s Cat 3 – Beginner - $15 registration fee
Protection: Helmets are required for all competitors. Additional protective equipment is optional, knee and elbow pads are highly recommended.
Day of registration is not guaranteed. We highly encourage anyone interested in racing to pre-register in order to reserve your spot in the event.
Bike type: Bikes with suspension are highly recommended.
*If you would like to bring more than 1 bike in the event of any mechanical difficulties or want to change bikes mid-race, there will be a pit area on course to store additional bikes.
Know any groms that want to lap the course and test their skills? Mt. Bachelor will also host a KidsCross youth event on Sunday using sections of the GraviCross course.
KidsCross Registration will be FREE and is for competitors 7-17 years of age.
Contact Nina Zess, email@example.com, with any questions.
You can register in person both Saturday 7/7 & Sunday 7/8 from 11am-noon
*must be 7 years of age on or before 7/8/18.
*any participant will allowed to race up 1 age group if they prefer
*a parent or guardian of each participant will be required to sign a risk waiver.
Friday, July 6th:
GraviCross REGISTRATION & BIKE PARTY – bring your bike!...and your friends!...and their bikes too!!!
· 4-7:00PM: Packet Pick Up, Registration and Bike Party @ 10 Barrel Brewing Co. West Bend Pub
o Complimentary beer for 21+ competitors, beer specials for friends, and pedal games for everyone!
Saturday, July 7th:
· 11:00AM: Bike Park & 10 Barrel Beer Garden Opens
· 11:00AM: GraviCross Registration & Packet up (Includes KidsCross registration)
· 12:00PM: GraviCross Registration & Packet Pick up closes
· 12:00PM: Course inspection and practice laps (conditions pending)
· 1:00PM (approximately): GraviCross Start
o Specific race times for each CAT will be communicated prior to race day
· 4:00PM (approximately): Awards
· Live music following awards
· 7:00PM: Bike Park and 10 Barrel Beer Garden Closes
· Overnight camping
Sunday, July 8th:
· KidsCross on certain sections of the GraviCross event course.
· 11:00AM: Registration Opens
· 12:00PM: Registration Closes
· 1:00PM: Kidscross race begins
o Actual race times will be determined day of based upon the size of each division
· 3:00PM (approximately): KidsCross Awards
Human Movement, Inc.
1501 Empire Road, Louisville