Home Sweep Home is a Habitat for Humanity Singapore's island-wide advocacy and volunteering event to provide decent homes and living environments to the vulnerable segments of our society. Volunteers rally together for a day to revitalise neighbourhoods by cleaning up rental flats and shared spaces in residential areas.
Our inaugural event in 2017 saw over 1,000 volunteers come together to clean 120 homes and pick up almost 400kg of litter in Chai Chee, Toa Payoh and Redhill.
For our second edition this year, Habitat is expanding reach to 6 neighbourhoods: Ang Mo Kio, Bedok, Bukit Batok, Chinatown, Lavender and Toa Payoh.
Habitat will also be hosting a "Market4Good" at a central carnival point in Kreta Ayer Square in Chinatown. Other social enterprises championing a variety of social causes have been invited to set up booths at the carnival to encourage the public to support a cause they are most passionate about.
Whether you're participating in a volunteering activity or supporting a social enterprise at the carnival, everyone will play a part in lending a helping hand to someone in need.
Event details and schedule
- Ang Mo Kio: Void Deck @ 258 Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 (S) 560258
- Bedok: Void Deck @ Blk 30 Chai Chee Avenue (S) 460030
- Bukit Batok: Basketball court next to Blk 210A Bukit Batok St 21 (S) 651210
- Chinatown: Kreta Ayer Square
- Lavender: Pavilion between Blk 7 & Blk 8 North Bridge Road (S) 190008
- Toa Payoh: Pavillion @ 62B Lorong 4 Toa Payoh (S) 312062
- Home-cleaning AM Shift - 8.30am
- Litter-picking AM Shift - 10am (only reporting time for Chinatown is 8.30am)
- Home-cleaning PM Shift - 1pm
- Safety Briefing
- Start of volunteering activity
- Activity wrap-up & debrief
- Snack pack delivery for all participants
Things to bring:
- Printed or electronic copy of registration confirmation email
- Small bag for valuables
- Hat/cap, sunblock and insect repellant are optional items to bring for litter-picking participants
- All participants are advised not to wear or bring any valuables with them.
What to expect:
- All participants are expected to report on-time to ensure a smooth registration process. A safety briefing will be conducted before the start of the activity.
- All home-cleaning & litter-picking supplies, including gloves, face masks and drinking water, will be provided at the event.
- There will be no bag drop at any of the reporting locations so please pack light!
Event pack collection (EPC):
- Details regarding EPC will be sent to you via email soon!
- Please come in the Home Sweep Home t-shirt and knee-length bermudas or long pants.
- Please refrain from wearing skirts, short-shorts or FBT shorts.
- For litter-picking participants, covered shoes are recommended. For home-cleaning participants, sandals are recommended.
- All participants are encouraged to use public transport to the activity venue.
- We have a special tie-up with MoBike for participants to cycle to the activity venue from home or the nearest MRT station. MoBike will be giving away a coupon worth $2 for up to 4 free 30-min rides. Look out for our event reminder email with the coupon code closer to the date!
Habitat For Humanity Singapore
56, Lorong 23 Geylang, Century Technology Building, 05-00, SG