Join us for the Sixth Annual Indiana First Bank Veteran's Marathon Race Series. The event is an out and back marathon, half marathon, and marathon relay on a rails to trails course. Our course is certified and serves as a Boston Qualifier.
Described by participants as "very well organized", a "fantastic event" in a "stress free pre-race environment", the course is relatively flat and fast, by Western PA standards. Register early at the low, low price of $26.20 to be a part of this great event. (Note the price will increase after July 4th and then again after Labor Day.) As a token of our appreciation, all active duty military personnel and veterans run free (with proof of service and by paper registration only). Hope you can join us in November!
Event details and schedule
ALL RUNNERS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE www.indianaroadrunners.com FOR RACE DETAILS AND FAQ'S.
- This race benefits the veterans of Indiana County, Pennsylvania.
- The online application deadline is October 28th or 250 runners per race, whichever comes first.
- There are no refunds for any of the races. There are no bib transfers between runners in the marathon and half-marathon. Runners may switch between races (i.e. marathon to half marathon). Race switches can be done via email to the race directors or at check-in on race day.
- Substitutions are permitted in the relay ONLY. Please contact the race directors to make substitutions.
- This is an out and back run on a rails to trails course.
- The marathon and relay begins at 0900 and the half marathon begins at 0930.
- The course closes after 6 hours. If you feel you will need more than 6 hours to finish, please contact a race director.
- This is a Boston qualifier. The certification number can be found on the club website.
- There are no age group awards but really cool finisher's awards to all runners in all races.
- The top three runners (male and female) in each race and the top three relay teams (male, famale, and co-ed) will be recognized.
- A t-shirt is not included but tech shirts, hoodies, and hats are available for purchase.
- Please note the tech shirts are unisex and tend to run big.
- There are 5 aid stations located along this out and back course, not including the finish line.
- Free parking is available at the race site.
- The GPS address is 1284 Old Indiana Road, Blairsville, PA 15717.
- Dress for the weather. The race goes on rain or shine.
- Race day only packet pick up at Saylor Park beginning at 0715 (don't worry...it's very organized!)
- Directions and a link to the Indiana County Parks, which includes a map of the Ghost Town Trail, can be found on the club website by clicking on the marathon link.
- Contact Al and Candi Lockard at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you at the race!