Saturday 16th December 2017
Southern Virginia Child Advocacy Center: 300 South Main Street, Rocky Mount, United States
We are excited to announce the 12th annual JOHNNY CASA 5-MILER 5K WALK/RUN to benefit the Southern Virginia Child Advocacy Center. The goal of the JOHNNY CASA 5-MILER 5K WALK/RUN is to produce a quality fundraiser that appeals to all runners, walkers, and recreational athletes. The 12th annual event is set for December 16, 2017, with day-of registration at the Southern VA Child Advocacy Center located in historic uptown Rocky Mount, VA. Proceeds benefit the Southern VA CAC.
Note: We cannot garuntee that you will recieve a T-Shirt if you do not register by Nevember 15th
SOUTHERN VIRGINIA CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER (CAC)
Established in August 2001 the center provides a comprehensive, interdisciplinary response to children impacted by the immediate and long-term trauma associated with child abuse and neglect.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
Since 1993, Franklin County CASA has been providing children a “voice in court’ by appointing an advocate whose responsibility is to gather and report back time-sensitive, pertinent case information regarding safety and permanency needs of abused and neglected children to Judges hearing their cases. The CASA program is a long-standing program within the organization.
What to wear:
Come dressed in your favorite Superhero costume!
When you arrive:
All our ON-LINE pre-registered participants will need to check in and complete their registration at a special table marked ON-LINE REGISTRATION divided alphabetically under your last name A-M and N-Z.
At this table we will:
1. Confirm your signature on the waiver/release section
2. As you have paid, there is no payment required
3. If we are missing any needed information to enter you into the timing company’s data-base we will ask for it here
4. Pick up your race packet which has race day information, your race bib number, and safety pins
5. Then you will be directed to the race t-shirt table to pick you your performance t-shirt
6. Before leaving the area, please make sure to pull off the perforated ticket on your race bib and place in the after race prize raffle basket
If you had any difficulties registering on-line, please let us know so we can address any potential conflicts in the programming.
**Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. - We look forward to seeing you on December 16th at the Southern VA Child Advocacy Center – 300 South Main Street in Rocky Mount, VA.
Don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions – 540-484-5566.
For course information and more information about the race visit our website:
Southern VA CAC
300 South Main Street, Rocky Mount