Centaurs and Tampines West CSC bring you the Columbia Jungle Run 2018, a unique trail-running event mainly set within the Centaurs Sports Park ravine at Turf City, Bukit Timah. The 5km course makes its way across a hurdle-strewn field, then onto the Jungle Trail - up and down banks, across and over a variety natural and man-made obstacles, along streams and through tracks strewn with semi-dense vegetation.
We focus on the Family element; Parent & Child pairs. But there are also challenging competitive individual categories too. Category prizes for the first 3 finishers in 5 of the 6 categories (not for Fun runners) are provided by Columbia and Thorlos socks.
Discounts are available for Centaurs Members and PAssion Card holders at Checkout. These codes will be informed to you directly; to Centaurs members via email on 1 August, and PAssion Card holders via e-News on 8 August.
Event details and schedule
Jungle Run 2018 - Useful Information:
- The Event: Event webpage: http://www.junglerun.sg
- Registration closes: 24 September
- Race Pack collection: 30 September (details will be posted on Event webpage)
- Race Day: 7 October
- Wave times will be posted on Event webpage nearer Race Day but tentative initial planning would suggest earliest Wave to set off at 8:00am then subsequent waves every 5/10 minutes thereafter
- We are hoping to have coffee as well as fruit drinks available throughout the morning.
- Location and Course: the Jungle Run Course is set on the Centaurs Mini-fields and the Jungle Trail, incorporating The Pit, at Centaurs Sports Park, Turf City - location (not the Race course) map: http://www.centaursgroup.com/contact/
- The Jungle Run Course will be posted on the event webpage in September
- Parking and travel: parking is in the Giant Car Park in front of the Grandstand as well as behind the Grandstand, above the secondhand car lots. 6th Avenue MRT is a short 10 minute stroll away.
- Attire and belongings: we always suggest to leave valuables at home. There will be covered storage shelves, although unmanned. The course incudes some mud and water so wear sturdy trainers. We encourage everyoe to wear the unique Columbia event T-shirt but understand some have specific running top preferences. Runnng shorts and socks.
- Race Packs and Prizes: those entered in Cats 1 to 5 will receive an event-branded drawstring bag containing: the Event T-shirt; sweat towel, lanyard, car decal and various other gifts. Fun runners will receive the bag and T-shirt.
- Cat 6 Fun Runners receive the event-branded drawstring bag and event T-shirt only.
- Those finishing in the top 3 in Categories 1 to 5 will receive a trophy as well as various Columbia and Thorlos products and vouchers.
- Finishers in Cat 3, the Individual 10km, will receive a unique FINISHERS T-shirt as well as individual prizes.
- All runners in all Cats 1 to 6 will receive a participation medal.