LEVEL PEBBLE TRIATHLON
The 3rd annual Level Pebble Triathlon takes place in early August in Flat Rock, MI (a suburb south of Detroit), and is the perfect race for anyone from beginners who want to give it a "tri" to veterans who want to test their fitness in a smaller venue. The swim takes place in the 6-lane competetive pool at the Flat Rock Recreation Center. The bike follows a portion of the Downriver Linked Greenways (DLG) non-motorized path as well as lightly traveled roads in Flat Rock and Gibraltar. The run is almost completely done on a different section of the DLG away from bike traffic.
This friendly event is supported by local businesses who have generously donated prizes as well as post race food.
Event details and schedule
Friday, Aug. 10th: Youth Sprint (age 10-14) & Mini-Sprint (age 9 & Under) Triathlon at 6pm
Saturday, Aug. 11th: Level Pebble Sprint Triathlon and Triathlon Relay at 9am.
The Course: Held at the Flat Rock Recreation Center (FRCC) 1 Maguire St., Flat Rock, MI 48134
- SWIM - all swims take place in the 6-lane FRCC competitive pool
- BIKE - flat & fast on all paved surfaces with one small hill.
- RUN - flat & fast on the paved Downriver Linked Greenways trail.
- TRANSITION & FINISH - held in the FRCC South parking lot.
- Youth Sprint Triathlon (200yd swim - 4 mile bike - 1.6 mile run)
- Youth Mini-Sprint Triathlon (100yd swim - 2 mile bike - 1 mile run)
- Level Pebble Sprint Triathlon (300yd swim - 12.4 mi bike - 3.1 mi run)
- NEW! Triathlon Relay (2-3 person teams split up the Sprint Distance)
Race Fee: (includes swim cap, t-shirt, finisher award, split & overall timing, post race food). T-SHIRT GUARANTEED TO ALL REGISTERED BY AUGUST 1ST.
- Youth Triathlon (age 10-14) & Youth Mini-Triathlon (age 9 & under) : $35.00
- Level Pebble Triathlon (age 15-adult): $45.00
- Level Pebble Triathlon Relay (age 15-adult) : $90.00
Awards: In addition to finisher award, fastest finishers will also be recognized
- Youth & Mini-Youth: fastest 5 boys and fastest 5 girls in each race.
- Level Pebble Sprint Tri: fastest 5 in each gender/age group
- Top Relay teams
Register ONLINE, in person at the FRCC, or by phone (734-379-1450).
Questions? Contact email@example.com