For over 25 years, the MITCS has been providing fun indoor competition while raising money to help stop MS!
The MITCS is a unique indoor triathlon offering amateur and elite athletes the opportunity to compete simultaneously. Newcomers learn what it takes to do a triathlon, while elite athletes are offered a change of pace race utilizing indoor training facilites! Compete in just one, or do all three. Invite a friend who has been talking about trying a tri but never committed. Registration proceeds benefit the MS Society! Sign up today!
Swim 10 minutes (10 minute transition)
Bike 20 minutes (5 min transition)
Run 15 minutes
Event details and schedule
Midwest Indoor Tri Classic Series
Race day rules, Format, & Code of Conduct
- Athletes MUST check in at the registration tables at least one hour prior to their start time. Bring registration & photo ID.
- Athletes must have completed race registration AND check in with the Head Swim Timer in the pool area at least 15 minutes prior to the start of their wave time. Failure to do so may result in the forfeit of position within the wave to an athlete waiting on stand-by.
- The race format is as follows: 10 minute swim, 10 minute transition, 20 minute bike, 5 minute transition, 15 minute run.
- A volunteer will be assigned to record your distances
- Waves will be assigned by Race Coordinator at each facility and delivered via email one week prior to the event. Requests for wave assignments are not guaranteed.
- Body marking/numbers will be assigned when athletes check in with the Head Swim Timer.
- A shower must be taken prior to entering the pool.
- NO running is permitted on the pool deck or in the locker rooms.
- Two competitors are assigned to a swim lane.
- Participants must begin the race in the water with at least one body part in contact with the wall. No diving, wet suits, use of flotation devices allowed.
- Distance in the pool will be measured to the nearest length.
- The bike portion of the race is on an assigned stationary bike. Setting your seat height and warming up is part of the transition time.
- No standing on bikes. 1st violation will result in a verbal warning. 2nd violation will result in disqualification.
- Water bottles, cleats, tape, and spitting are not allowed on the track surface.
- Stepping off the outside of the track to get a drink of water during the race is allowed. However, you must enter the track at the point of exit or a penalty will be assessed. Cutting corners will result in a penalty. Penalty will be ¼ lap at Wheaton Sport Center.
- During the run portion of the race, full laps and ½ laps will be credited.
- Spectators will be allowed in designated areas only. Non-member participants or spectators do not have use of the club’s babysitting program, workout or recreation facilities. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult in all areas of the club at all times.
- Race results will be posted on www.mitcs.org.
- All competitors are eligible for prize money. Winners will be determined by total distance covered (in miles). Medals/ribbons are not awarded.
- A locker and towel are assigned only to participants who provide a photo identification card. There is a $15.00 fee for keys and towels not returned.
- For race day emergencies, contact the host site for that race via telephone.
- Athletes and volunteers are expected to follow the general code of conduct taken from the USAT rule book. At or during an event, or while at the event site, all participants must: Act in compliance with these Competitive Rules; conduct themselves in a matter that is not offensive in any way to fellow participants, spectators, officials or volunteers and is considered reasonable and acceptable in the community; treat all participants, officials, volunteers and spectators with fairness, respect and courtesy; refrain from the use of abusive language or conduct; and after violating any of the Competitive Rules, report such violation to the Head Referee or retire from the event.