Sunday 11th November 2018
Fort Vancouver National Park: Fort Vancouver Way & E 5th St, Vancouver, United States
Race to Remember is a Military non profit found in Vancouver WA in 2009 by Claudia Cardenas after losing her fiance Jason Vinyard a 20year Army Veteran stationed in Fort Vancouver WA at the time of his passing.
"Race to Remember" is not just the name of a race but also the name of our military nonprofit which has the intended purpose of ensuring our communities Never Forget the sacrifice(s) that our brave men and women of the military and their families make every day to continue to protect our Freedom. In addition to participating in race events throughout the nation, Race to Remember organize five races a year:
In addition to racing, we organize and participate in other events that honor and support our Veterans with Military care package drives, Honor Flight flag escorts, Honor the Fallen events, Veteran moving assistance, as well as providing opportunities for our local youth to better understand the true meaning behind the Veteran and Memorial Day Holidays. Our ultimate goal is to build partnerships with other organizations in our communities and throughout the nation to help honor and support our past, present and future Military Veterans. Our long term goal is to establishment of a scholarship program for the children and spouses of the Fallen Soldiers.
PACKET PICKUP AT START/FINISHLINE:
Race Day starting at 7am at
RACE LOCATION START & FINISHLINE:
Fort Vancouver National Park
5TH and Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver WA 98661
(located on south west corner of the Fort)
5 Events – Half -11K - 5K -1k - Virtual Race
SUNDAY / 11.11.18– EVENT DATE/RACE / Virtual Race
– 7:00 am – Packet Pickup/Registration Opens
– 7:40 am – Open Ceremonies
– 8:00 am – Half Marathon starts (3hr Max)
– 8:15 am – 5K & 11K Race Starts
– 8:40am – First 5K Finisher (Approx)
– 9:45am – First Half Marathon Finisher (Approx)
– 9:15am – First 11K Finisher (Approx)
– 10:00am – Kids 1K
– 11:30 am– noon Closing Ceremonies
– 12:00pm – 1:30pm Tear Down
Timed Race | Medal| Drinks & Snacks
* Event shirts must be purchased separate. Shirt must be order before Friday 10-27-18 to guarantee shirt.
If you have any questions please contact via firstname.lastname@example.org
* Race day we will do our best to reply but will have our hands full with race preparations.
Course Maps: See Below
1K - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/688291
Half marathon https://www.plotaroute.com/route/701926
Race to Remember
PO BOX 874054, Vancouver