Running Scared is a 5K course that ventures into the zombie infested woods and trails of Harder's Park, where previous haunts have been encountered during the annual Haunted Hayrides. Runners and walkers will undertake these rabid woods with three life flags hanging from their waist band and one goal: to reach the end of the obstacle and zombie filled course with at least one flag remaining. This is not a hard-core mud run; however, runners will face obstacles and other challenges as they flee the attacking zombies while attempting to successfully cross the finish line to then join the living.
SEE PHOTO GALLERY FOR COURSE MAP
Event details and schedule
RUNNING SCARED : 5K ZOMBIE RUN
Location: Harders Park, Panama City
Directions from Panama City~Travel north on Hwy 231 to Star Avenue. Turn right on star avenue and take immediate left onto john pitts rd. travel approximately 5 miles. Entrance to park on the right just past bay dunes golf course.
Registration / Runner Information
Runner - $35 Advanced registration / $45 after October 1
Runners 12 and under - $15
Military/Firefighter/LEO discount - $25 , use HERO18 at registration and bring ID verifying employment
Group rate (4 or more Runners) - $25
- A set start time to run the course and 3 life flags.
- An official tshirt.
Information for all runners:
- Each runner will be given 3 life flags that they must hang visibly and be readily accessible from their waist band.
- All life flags must be visible and accessible at all times during the run.
- Runners will be scheduled in waves 15 minutes apart.
- Runners should arrive at least 30 hour prior to their scheduled run time to allow for parking and check in procedures.
- Runners will not be timed. the object of this run is to complete the course with al least one life flag still in your waist band. There will be no single winner named.
- Runners will receive complimentary beverages.
- Zombies will be scattered throughout the course. Some of the zombies are on a feast and their goal is to take runners life flags. Runners want to avoid these zombies. Other zombies are on the course but are not feasting. Runner will not know the difference.
- Runners are required to stay on the course where they will be some additional obstacles. Runners are encouraged to complete the
obstacles but are not required to do so; however, all runners are required to stay on the designated path. Runners who do not stay on the path will be disqualified from the run and will not be allowed to finish the course.
- Runners are not permitted to push, kick, hit, or in any way have intentional physical contact with any zombie or other runners. Nor is a participant allowed to hold or throw any object of any kind.
- Drink stations will be positioned throughout the course. Drink stations will be zombie free zones.
- Runners may wear any running attire they choose; but there must be a waistband present in order to hold the life flags.
- Runners should wear good shoes. NO open toed shoes!
- Runner life flags must be present in all runners waistbands during the race and can only be removed by feasting zombies within the course. Runners may not tie or secure life flags in any way that prevents them from being removed by a simple grab and pull of the life flag. Runners are also not allowed to remove the flags on their own until after being decontaminated by officials at the finish of the course.
- Runners that have all their life flags taken must still complete the course. You do not automatically become a zombie and start taking other runners flags. Runners are not allowed to in any way take other runners flags, take flags from zombies, or pick them up from the ground.
- Decontamination officials at the finish of the course are the only ones who will determine your life state and issue your final running scared life status based on the flags you have or don’t have in your waistband.
- Runners must be at least 16 years of age to participate alone. Minors under the age of 16 may only participate if a parent or guardian participates with them. All minors must have a parent or legal guardian present at check in to sign the liability release waiver that all participants must sign.
FOR ALL RUNNING SCARED PARTICIPANTS
- All runners must check in upon arrival by presenting their registration confirmation sheet that was received upon the completion of the online registration process. This must be printed and brought with you.
- Course marshals will be placed throughout the course to ensure safety of all runners and zombies as well as to make sure all course rules are being followed. They have full authority over all runners and zombies.
- All running scared participants, runners, and zombies, will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to participating. Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign the release form. There are no exceptions.
- There are absolutely no refunds of registration fees. The event is rain or shine.
- Intoxicated individuals will not be permitted to participate as a runner or zombie. Be sober when are to participate or you will not be allowed on the course and you will not be a given a refund.
Note**some rules, regulations, and details are subject to modification prior to the event. Check www.bayarc.org for any changes, updated, or modifications.