Come train like an Olympian for a day! Scouts will participate in three stations (swim, bike and run) to earn their finisher medal. The fun doesn’t stop there though – Scouts will be treated to a tour of the Olympic Training Center and have lunch with an Olympian (Retired US Army Veteran and Elite Paratriathlete Howie Sanborn). Howie will share his inspirational message and talk to Scouts about the importance of staying “physically strong.”
7:30-9am: Registration & Check-in ***Arrival Instructions Coming Soon***
9-11am: Stations (swim, bike, and run)
Kindergarten – 5th Grades
9AM – 9:30AM: RUN SESSION
9:45AM – 10:15AM: SWIM SESSION
10:30AM – 11AM: BIKE SESSION
6th – 12th grades and Venturers aged 14-17
9AM – 9:30 AM: SWIM SESSION
9:45AM – 10:15AM: BIKE SESSION
10:30AM – 11AM: RUN SESSION
11:15AM – 12PM: Lunch and presentation by Howie Sanborn
12PM – 1PM: Olympic Training Center Tour (optional)
What you get:
- Triathlon stations and interactive experiences
- Tour of the Olympic Training Center
- Lunch for the participant AND one parent/guardian
- USA Triathlon – SCOUTStrong T-shirt
- SCOUTStrong Swim-Cap
- SCOUTStrong Finisher medal with station medallions gained upon completion at each station
- 1-year annual membership to USA Triathlon ($10 of the $30 registration fee covers this cost and provides insurance and support from USA Triathlon to this event)
Event details and schedule
BE PREPARED: Super important additional details to plan your day:
- Scouts will not be timed – at the completion of each station the Scout will receive an item for their finisher medal. A timed SCOUTStrong event may be considered for the future.
- Stations times are assigned - please refer to the schedule.
- Scouts must come with their swimming level identified (non-swimmer, beginner or swimmer). Click here for more information on ability groups. Click here for information on opportunities to complete a swim test before the day of the event.
- There are not adequate changing facilities for Scouts – Scouts are encouraged to wear their swim suit to the event in addition to adequate footwear and clothing.
- Each participant should consider bringing the following items: Goggles, flip-flops, towel, bike, helmet, water bottle, and running shoes.