Will you say #irunthisbridge?! The elegantly sloping half mile of Deal Island Bridge greets you at the start AND finish of both distances.
This race offers an amazingly unique #runwithaview - the Chesapeake Bay Skipjack Fleet graces the harbor at the start line. It is the last commercial sail powered fishing fleet in North America and the only cohesive sailing fleet in the western hemisphere. You're sure to catch the osprey fishing for their final meals in our marsh creeks before they retire south for the winter. And what better way to recover from that bridge sprint than with a walk on the beach? Deal Island Beach is renown for it's treasure of sea glass!
Held in conjunction with Deal Island Chance Volunteer Fire Company's Skipjack Bike Tour. Make it a duathlon!
- Professional Timing by TCR Event Management
- 100% of Proceeds Benefit Local Charities
- Awesome Refreshments (got chocolate milk?)
- Raffles & Unique Trophies
- Race Day Registration
- No Duplicate Awards
- Overall Male
- Overall Female
- Masters Male (over 40)
- Masters Female (over 40)
- 1st + 2nd Age Groups (combined gender)
- 19 + under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Long Sleeve Cotton Feel Tech Tee guaranteed to the first 100 registrations
- Multiple Water Stops
- Walkers, Jogging Strollers + Well Mannered Canines With Leashes Welcome
- No Rain Date or Refunds
- EMT Assistance Available
Event details and schedule
Please watch the facebook page for schedule of events. Simultaneous start for 5 Miler and 5K. No changes permitted after start of race. Well-mannered canines on leashes, strollers and walkers welcome. All participants must be registered. Dogs, strollers and walkers must line up at the back of the start. Please keep all dogs to a maximum 3 foot leash. Clean up after your dog.