Sunday 28th April 2019
Yading: Garze, Yading, Yading, China
The Yading Skyrunning Festival 2019 is the second even in the Skyrunner World Series with the Yading Skyrun. The third edition of this event, brings with it two totally new courses events. The event will encapsulate running, serious challenge, reward, culture, atmosphere, great food and drink, and awesome festivities. Event details and schedule
This area of Yading is blessed with immense natural beauty, including the three sacred peaks (Mount Chenrezig, Jampayang, and Chenadorje) which loom over the National Park at an altitude of over 6,000m. From the 5th Dalai Lama through Joseph Rock this area has been a source of spiritual inspiration. With over 2,300m of elevation gain over the length of the course, and the finish line sitting at just over 4,000m, the race challenges beginners and elites alike.
Competition Events, and Date and Place of the Competition
(1) Event name and date
10:00–14:00, May 2, 2019
11:00–14:00, May 2, 2019
7:00–18:00, Monday, May 4, 2019
Kora Ultra (53km)
3:30–21:00, Monday, May 4, 2019
(2) Event location: Scenic Spot of Yading, Shangri-La Town, Daocheng County, Garzê Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Sichuan Province
All participants, before enrollment, must carefully read the Participation Declaration for China Mountain Trails Yading Skyrunning Festival 2019, and agree to abide by the Competition Regulations for China Mountain Trails Yading Skyrunning Festival 2019 and Enrollment Notes for China Mountain Trails Yading Skyrunning Festival 2019. Your submission of the enrollment information shall be deemed to mean that you have read and agreed to the above documents.
(1) Any person who has a legal identity certificate, has passed the physical examination, and meets the requirements of the competition regulations may enroll in the competition, regardless of nationality.
(2) Age limit on participants:
Participants must be over 18 years old but not over 65 years old (including of 65 years old) as of May 1, 2019.
(3) Registration criteria
53km Kora Ultra—Provide any of the following to enroll in the competition:
1. The certificate for completing the previous 46km Kora Ultra.
2. The certificate for completing a 40km cross-country race in a high-altitude competition area (the highest altitude shall be no less than 4,500 meters) in the past year.
3. The certificate for completing any 100km cross-country race.
32km Skyrun—Provide any of the following to enroll in the competition:
1. The certificate for completing the previous 29km Yading Skyrun or 46km Kora Ultra.
2. The certificate for completing a cross-country race over 35km in the past year.
3. The certificate for completing a full marathon in the last year.
7km Yading VK—Provide any of the following to enroll in the competition:
2. The certificate for completing a half marathon in the last year.
Participants who enroll in the competition must submit the abovementioned certificate and a routine physical examination report within the past six months to the organizing committee (those who enroll in hiking may submit only the physical examination report within the past six months).
If participants who have paid the enrollment fee fail to pass the examination, they will receive a refund after the enrollment period has ended.
(4) The cross-country race is an intense, long-distance, and high risk competitive sport which has demanding requirements for participants' physical health. Participants should be in good health and have a history of regular physical training.
(5) People with the following health conditions are not eligible to enroll in the competition: people with congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease/people with hypertension and cerebrovascular disease/people with myocarditis and other heart diseases/people with coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia/people with diabetes/people who have caught a cold two weeks before the competition/people with other diseases or health conditions who cannot engage in sports.
(1) Participants must independently walk or run the full distance, and cannot use any motorized or wheeled vehicles. Violators will be disqualified from the competition.
(2) Participants must complete the competition along the marked race route and punch in at every timing point along the CP line of the event. The participant will be disqualified upon confirmation if data from any one of the timing points is missing.
(3) At the time of check-in, participants shall bring the mandatory equipment required by the corresponding event. The participant who fails to bring such equipment will be disqualified from the competition. The number bib must be worn on the front of the race suit with the race number to be easily identified at any time. If the number bib is lost, the competition result shall become invalid.
(4) Participants who litter on the course will be disqualified from the competition.
(5) If a participant needs to withdraw from the competition, he/she must apply for withdrawal at the nearest checkpoint or call staff of the Event Command Center (except leaves with the assistance of emergency personnel on the course).
(6) Participants who arrive at the checkpoint/supply point after the closing time shall voluntarily withdraw from the competition. If a participant insists on continuing in the competition, compulsory measures will be taken as the case may be and the participant will be prohibited from participating in all Migu Run competitions for life.
(7) It is strictly forbidden to transfer the qualifications for participation. If any medical assistance and insurance claims arise from such transfer, the parties involved in the transfer shall assume the relevant legal responsibilities. Once the surrogate running is verified to be true, the Referee Commission shall disqualify the parties and they will be included in the banned list of this competition. A report will be submitted to the points organization, that is, the International Trail Running Association (ITRA).
(8) Once verified, participants who sign up with a false age or are substituted by a pinch runner after the sign-up will be disqualified from the competition and their competition results will become invalid.
(9) If a participant wears a timing chip that belongs to another participant or wears two or more timing chips during the race, both the participant and the owner of the timing chip will be disqualified from the competition and their competition results will become invalid.
(10) Participants who fail to start the race at the starting point of an enrolled event in accordance with the prescribed starting sequence will be disqualified from the competition.
(11) Participants who make a false start at the starting point and fail to start running as prescribed will be disqualified from the competition.
(12) During the time outside a participant's corresponding event period, expenses incurred by unsafe incidents resulting from the participant's activities and any consequences shall be borne by the participant.
(13) Once verified, participants who use a counterfeit number bib will be disqualified from the Migu Run competition for life.
(14) Participants who refuse to follow the orders of the staff, disturb the race, or start a riot or fight will be disqualified from the competition and be transferred to the public security organ for handling.
(15) Participants are prohibited from bringing pets onto the course.
(16) When the competition cannot be carried out according to the original plan due to force majeure, the host of the event is entitled to change the route or time of the competition, and will apply for accumulation of points to ITRA and the skyrunning organization according to the actual race route. The host of the event shall have the final interpretation of the competition.
(17) Other violations of the rules and regulations.
(1) The organizing committee of China Mountain Trails shall issue the participants' competition number bibs.
(2) The event lasts for three days, and details are shown in the following table:
(3) Order: Use of a gunshot shall indicate the order to start.
(4) Timing Approach
The organizing committee shall provide induction timing chips that all participants must wear to participate in the competition. When running, the participants must pass through all the timing points and scan their timing chips. If a participant misses or skips a timing point, his/her results will be invalid. The induction timing chips and number bibs will be distributed to participants before the race. The organizing committee will not recognize the results of the participants who use induction timing chips that are not distributed by the event.
(5) Closing distance and time
To ensure the safety of the participants, closing time will be set for different parts of the route during the race. Participants who fail to finish the race before the closing time must immediately stop the competition, exit the course, and follow the staff's instructions to reach the finish line by the shelter car to avoid danger.
Please visit: http://www.cnmtntrails.com/yading-skyrun/
Check-in and Clothes Deposit and Claiming
(1) The deposit and claiming time and place of the clothes will be announced separately. Please follow the official China Mountain Trails account on WeChat or visit the official website of China Mountain Trails.
(2) The check-in time and place and the relevant requirements will be announced separately. Please follow the official China Mountain Trails account on WeChat or visit the official website of China Mountain Trails.
Timing and Score Certificate Inquiry
(1) Timing service
1. Timing chips
1.1 The organizing committee will provide timing chips simultaneously with the number bibs to participants before the race. The race will use the net timing method.
1.2 Participants must wear the number bibs that match their names and numbers provided by the organizing committee.
1.3 Participants must punch in at each and every timing point located at the starting point, along the CP line, and the finishing point. They will be disqualified if data from any one of the timing points is missing.
1.4 Participants who commit violations such as transferring chips, wearing more than one chip, or wearing another participant's chip will be disqualified and penalized according to relevant competition regulations.
(2) Result Inquiry
Participants can log on to the official website or Migu Run app to check their results within five working days after the completion of the race.
The organizing committee provides insurance for the participants and the designated staff on the date of the race. (that is, two days including May 2, 2019 and May 4, 2019)
Hong Kong Xempower Co., Ltd.
Flat 2, 3/F, Gallop Court, 2 Ngan Wan Road, Mui Wo, Lantau Island, Hong Kong, HK
Phone: 60408901 x852