Sunday 17th November 2019
Historic Virginia Key Beach Park: 4020 Virginia Beach Dr., Miami, United States
ZENRUN is a meditative 5K run that will take place on November 17th, 2019 at the Historic Virginia Key Beach Park in Miami. ZENRUN is also a virtual race. Thus, participants can run on site or as virtual runners from wherever they are worldwide. They can run around their neighborhood, through a forest, or on a treadmill by connecting with the ZENRUN APP.
This year ZENRUN participants will run contemplating joy because when you keep your mind pleasant you are better at everything you choose to be and do.
ZENRUN is based on the idea that people strongly unified by a common intent can profoundly influence a larger group of people. Thus, by focusing the mind on pleasant thoughts while connected with other runners all over the world, we can generate an incredible life transforming energy.
The foundation of ZENRUN is that by Meditating and Contemplating together we create a shared intent that is a powerful force for change. Join us! Let's run with intent and bring people together in Joy!
Here are some important information:
For the runners of our Virginia Key 5K
1. Please arrive between 6 and 6:30am so we can stretch together.
NOVEMBER 17th, 2019
Location: Historic Virginia Key Beach Park
4020 Virginia Beach Dr
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Exit I-95 or US-1 onto Rickenbacker Causeway & after toll make a left at the second traffic light (Virginia Beach Drive). Follow road to gate house and entrance to park.
2. The race will start promptly at 7:30am and the entrance of the park will close. So if you want to park inside, please arrive early.
3. Parking inside is $15 per car. CASH ONLY
4. Please bring your YOGA mat, we’ll have yoga classes throughout the day. There will be a special place where you can keep your mat during the race.
5. Please invite your family and friends, the park has a lot of activities such as a carrousel, train ride and a playground for the kids. Also, ZENRUN 2019 will have a holistic expo, a yoga wellness lifestyle festival. Everyone is invited!
6. Please download our ZENRUN App so you have the option of using our mind focus techniques and record your race. You can also add a picture of yourself and your medal in our gallery option. Create your own settings, and please don’t check the “contemplation” option because we are all running together in Joy!
7. Bring snacks to keep yourself nourished throughout the day.
8. We want you to enjoy the sun, but stay safe in it, too. Since you’ll be outdoors, don’t forget your sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, and reusable water bottle.
9. Layers: We want you to be comfortable no matter what the weather brings, so come prepared with layers that you can add or subtract depending on the temperature. Bring your hoodie or a light jacket — and a rain jacket just in case! The event will go on rain or shine. If there is lightning we’ll pause until we have been in the clear for 30 minutes.
10. Packet Pick up: Please pick up your race packet on the Dharma Institute on:
November 15th and 16th - 2019 between 10am and 5pm. 10570 NW 27th Street, Suite 102 - Doral, FL 33172
11. You’ll need an ID and the registration confirmation email. YOU CANNOT PICK UP THE PACKET FOR ANOTHER RUNNER. Each participant will need to pick up their bag in person.
Instructions for VIRTUAL ZenRunners
1. Download our App: ZENRUN
2. Register yourself with the app
3. Create your own settings, but please don’t check the “contemplation” option because we are all running together in Joy!
4. Be ready to run at 7:30am (Miami time, be mindful of the time zones!)
5. Click run, then at the end of the race please submit your result.
6. During the run set your intention to Joy, focus your mind in contemplation of the following questions:
Joy simply means pleasantness of though.
When your thoughts are pleasant, you are happy and joyous.
How can you make your mind more pleasant?
Bring to memory joyous moments in your life. How were your thoughts?
If you keep your mind pleasant, you are happy.
Forgiveness offers you everything you truly want.
10570 NW 27th Street, suite 102, Doral