Challenge yourself on the Zip Wire Challenge 2018 this adrenaline adventure is the nearest thing to flying, you will reach speeds well more than 100mph.
Zip World Velocity is the fastest zip line in the world and the longest in Europe. This adventure takes you on the Little Zipper to build your confidence before your journey up the quarry on the famous red trucks. Take in the stunning views from the Big Top of Velocity, out towards Anglesey with views of the Isle of Man on a clear day. You will then descend the Big Zipper over the quarry lake often reaching speeds well more than 100mph.
This event has been organised and supported by:
St John Ambulance - Community Fundraising Co-ordinator NW - Eva Szabo
County Priory Group, County President of Greater Manchester - Darren Clark
Event details and schedule
The charity for this event is St John Ambulance and the minimum sponsorship is £150.
When running for St John Ambulance expect to receive the following support from us:
- a fundraising pack and support
- a St John Ambulance t-shirt
- a souvenir certificate to commemorate your achievement.
Event location details: Zip World Penrhyn Quarry, Bethesda LL57 4YG United Kingdom.
Return coach transfer
- Participants taking the transfer provided are to join their coach transfer at St John Ambulance Stockport.
- Pick up drop off address for return coach transfer: from St John Ambulance, St John House, Crossley Road, Heaton Chapel, Stockport SK4 5BF to Zip World.
- Arrive on Time: Please ensure you arrive on time (30 minutes prior to your start time). Adventurers who are late or miss their session, together with on-the-day cancellations, will be charged at full price and not be refunded.
- On arrival to Zip World, you will be required to sign in for the event and receive kit.
- Then take a short walk to the Little Zipper for a taster session before the main zip slide.
- Transfer by the famous red trucks to the main Zip slide (holds 24 persons, journey time approx. 15 mins.)
- Four persons can Zip slide at any one time.
- After your challenge is complete you will take a short walk back to the starting point.
Free parking available on site, follow any directional signposts.
What to wear
- We strongly advise you to wear warm/waterproof clothing, on warm summer days please still bear in mind the zip lines are in a mountainous environment where temperatures are significantly lower than elsewhere.
- Long hair should be tied back, all jewellery and scarves to be removed and skirts are not recommended.
- For your feet; training shoes or walking boots (training shoes only for Bounce Below/Treetop Nets adventures). Open toe shoes, flip flops, sandals, wellies or similar footwear is not permitted.
Zip World reserves the right to refuse admittance should appropriate clothing not be worn.
Restrictions and conditions
- For pre-existing medical conditions; please check that you are permitted to ride the zip wire as some conditions are not recommended for this challenge and restricts apply. Please email north-fundraising.org.uk before you apply for this challenge.
- Minimum weight limit is 30kg
- Max weight limit is 120kg
- Minimum height limit is 1.2m
- Maximum height limit is 2.1m
- Children aged 10 – 17 years must be accompanied by an adult always. (accompanying adults must ride the zip slide at the same time as the child) - Adult to child ration 1:3.
- This activity is weather permitting – Zip World may have to change the weight limits depending on wind direction/speed, or postpone the adventure if it is not safe enough to proceed due to adverse weather
St John Ambulance
St John Ambulance, 27 St John's Lane, London
Phone: 442073244168 x4168