THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE HAS HIT! You've been telling your friends for years this would happen, but they have all laughed in your face. You were prepared for an event such as this. The military is still functioning and the last thing you heard before the batteries in your radio died is that they have set up an evacuation point at the Catafount.
After fighting your way from your hideaway, using your last ammo to reach salvation, you learn from the site commander that the area is too overrun to land the chopper. It is up to you to draw the zombies away from the helipad. Can you pull the zombies away and arrive back in time to be saved?
CHASE RACE: Runners will be given flags to wear that the zombies will try to steal. Try to make it to the finish line with at least one flag or you will be turned into one of the walking dead!
SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE IN THE COMMUNITY: While having the time of your life dodging zombies, you will also be supporting the Mountain Area Pro Bono Physical Therapy Clinic (MAPPT) in our biggest fundraiser. MAPPT is a student-run clinic that exists to provide effective, pro bono physical therapy services to the under-served and under-insured population of western North Carolina. We strive to improve quality of life, health, and function of our clients, while serving the community and fostering student education. Learn more about our clinic and the services we provide by visiting mappt.wcu.edu.
- COURSE: This is WCU’s Flattest, Fastest 5K, running on a mix of crushed limestone paths, grass, and some asphalt, you’ll be sure to finish fast...if you can get away.
- GOODIES: Free Race T-SHIRT included in entry, please register by OCTOBER 14th to guarantee a shirt.
- All sales are final. Please ensure you are able to run this race before registering as we are unable to provide refunds.
- You will be running for TWO GOOD CAUSES: to provide physical therapy services to the community and to support research sponsored by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Event details and schedule
- RACE DAY: Packet pickup and day-of registration will be from 7:00pm-8:30 am.
Race begins at 9:00 am at the Catafount at Western Carolina University.Remember to bring ID's and parents if you are under 18 to sign the waiver. Runners must be at least 10 to run. Please use best judgement when registering young racers, since this event may be scary for this age group.
WCU PT Student Association
226 Health & Human Sciences, 4121 Little Savannah Rd, Cullowhee