User Forums
Route edit needs work - Printable Version

+- User Forums (https://www.mapometer.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Using Mapometer.com (https://www.mapometer.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Route Editing (https://www.mapometer.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Route edit needs work (/thread-26.html)

Route edit needs work - System - 13 Mar 2018

October 12, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Wonderful app (I’m just using the web app for now through Chrome on Mac and have been doing so for a couple of weeks, but have downloaded iOS app and will give that a try too). Two things that I have picked up that I would like to suggest:
1 – Ads are irritating, I would really like to see a paid version without them.
2 – Route edit needs work. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I couldn’t edit a route at all (by “edit a route” here I mean changing the actual course of the route not just editing stuff like the name and notes). When I go into edit mode there’s a little label indicating to 3-click the line to edit, but I could not get this to work (3-click just caused the map to keep zooming in).

Anton

RE: Route edit needs work - James - 13 Mar 2018

Thanks. We are looking into ways of getting rid of the ads as I find them annoying also. We have a plan but it is going to take several months to implement.

With editing it is a step by step process.

Step 1 Drag marker to the start of the section you want to edit.
Step 2 Drag marker to the finish of the section you want to edit.
Step 3 Click on the section of the route you want to edit. This does not mean triple click but I can see it is confusing.

I hope that helps.

James

RE: Route edit needs work - James - 13 Mar 2018

You can now have an add free experience on the site for just a small annual payment.
See the subscription ads on the site.

RE: Route edit needs work - dmather - 25 May 2018

(13 Mar 2018, 04:30 PM)James Wrote: Thanks. We are looking into ways of getting rid of the ads as I find them annoying also. We have a plan but it is going to take several months to implement.

Step 3 Click on the section of the route you want to edit. This does not mean triple click but I can see it is confusing.

I hope that helps.

James

Hi James (or anyone)…

I'm using the web version on a computer.  I can't see that you can move the start or end point of a route in edit mode... unless it's a closed loop.

I just spent 15 minutes creating a point-to-point route and then realised I'd started from a point about 0.3miles along the beach from where I should have...  but it looks like I'm going to have to start again- when surely I should be able to simply drag the start along the beach a little.   Any advice on this?

Also, earlier, I spent more than an hour editing an existing 75 mile route (adding more detail in the twists and turns) and then got an error message saying it wouldn't save.  I'm wondering if I exceeded the number of allowable dots (waypoints, or whatever you call them)… but I can see no reference to there being a maximum limit in the help section.. and even if I knew the limit, would there be a way for me to know I was exceeding it before getting a fail to save message?

Thanks a lot.

RE: Route edit needs work - creeds - 19 Aug 2018

(13 Mar 2018, 04:30 PM)James Wrote: Thanks. We are looking into ways of getting rid of the ads as I find them annoying also. We have a plan but it is going to take several months to implement.

I hope that helps.

James
This answer was a great help, I was really confused until I read this description of how to edit. Roger